Whatever your hobby, the main thing is always to know when to stop. Especially if you like to eat or drink, and maybe all at once. As you know, in small doses, alcohol is even useful, but what harm can be from large doses, except for the well-known hangover. We are accustomed to the fact that the most harmful are spirits. However, this is a very common misconception. No less negative effect, especially for men, is the abuse of beer.
Beer contains phytoestrogen, which is released from hop cones during brewing. It suppresses the secretion of the male hormone testosterone, which is why the female hormone estrogen begins to dominate in the body, which was before, but did not prevail, writes AIF.
Here are some of the most common effects of beer-related hormonal imbalance in men.
1. Increased cholesterol levels. Even a slight excess of estrogen in men leads to an increase in cholesterol levels. Moreover, estrogen contributes to the development of cardiovascular diseases and heart attacks. At the same time, estrogen prevents the production of "good cholesterol", which improves the elasticity of blood vessels and lowers the risk of heart attack.
2. Approaching obesity. A beer belly is a direct consequence of estrogen promoting the formation of fatty deposits and depositing them around the waist. Fat cells in turn produce an enzyme that makes estrogen from testosterone. As a result, a man gets sagging muscles, fatigue, intimate problems, an increased risk of diabetes and other obesity companions.
3. Sooner or later, a shortage, as well as an excess of estrogen, leads to diseases of the male genital organs, for example, prostatitis. According to doctors, a large amount of estrogen contributes to the enlargement of the prostate gland and disruption of its work. The gland grows and begins to press on the urinary duct and bladder, which causes frequent urges and difficulty urinating.
4. The hormonal balance is disturbed and the most obvious sign is the breast. The man begins to develop characteristic bulges in the chest area. The thing is that fat is deposited in those places where the female hormone estrogen "orders".
5. Gradually, a man's body weakens, and with it his heart weakens. Heart failure coupled with elevated estrogen levels increases the risk of early death in men. Also, men with high estrogen levels have a strong predisposition to deep vein thrombosis, and therefore to heart attacks.