If you consider yourself a real gourmet or just love delicious dishes from different nations of the world, then the facts about food listed below can be a real discovery for you.
1. In Japan, the most commonly used fish for making sushi is bluefin tuna. However, this fish can cause not only pleasure, but also lead to heart attacks or other diseases of the heart muscle. And all because its meat contains a very dangerous compound - mercury, the use of which in large quantities increases the risk of heart ailments at times.
2. You will spend 20 years of your life to taste all the apple varieties bred to date (7, 5 thousand varieties). This is of course assuming one apple - one day.
3. Did you know that it is better for smokers to refrain from taking beta-carotene vitamins? The fact is that tobacco smoke reacts to this beneficial vitamin and turns it into a carcinogen.
4. Recent scientific studies have shown that more than 90% of all fruits contain high levels of pesticides, even after heat treatment. This primarily applies to peaches and apples.
5. A common banana can attract mosquitoes, so we advise you not to eat a lot of these fruits before going to the river or into the forest.
6. Nowadays, chicken contains about 200 times more fat and 30% less protein than 40 years ago. Such changes have occurred due to the use of non-natural feed on poultry farms.
7. Bisphenol A resin is used as the lining of cans and some plastic bottles. This element can cause problems with human reproductive functions, including infertility.
8. If you notice on the packaging of a dietary product an indication that it contains little fat - perhaps they want to deceive you. After all, this does not mean that the product is low in calories, and natural fats can always be replaced with harmful chemistry that completely imitates the taste of food.
9. You've probably noticed that almost all children's sweets have a bright color. It is these rich colors of delicacies that often include substances that cause hyperactivity and overexcitability of our children, and it is almost impossible to completely abandon them.
10. To nullify all the calories you have accumulated after visiting a bistro and eating fast food, you need to jog for 8 hours, therefore nutritionists recommend visiting such establishments no more than 1 time per month.