Amazing facts about water

Amazing facts about water and all that it consists of.

1. Tomatoes are 90% water.

2. Every year about four million people die from waterborne diseases.

3. Only 1, 1% of the water on the planet is usable in the form in which it exists in nature.

4. Human blood is about six times thicker than water.

5. The production of one car takes more than 177 thousand liters of water.

6. Research has shown that the atmosphere contains more fresh water than all the rivers of the Earth combined.

7. A cow needs to drink about five liters of water to produce one liter of milk.

8. The body of an adult is about 70% water.

9. Only 3% of all water covering the earth's surface is fresh. The remaining 97% is salt water.

10. Scientists have come to the conclusion that sound travels in water at a faster rate than in air.

11. The toilet in your home consumes about 35% of all the water you use.

12. It takes about 22 thousand liters of water to produce a kilogram of coffee.

13. It takes 300 liters of water to make paper for one newspaper.

14. Agriculture accounts for about 70% of the world's water consumption. Industry requires another 22%.

15. 80% of all diseases in developing countries are associated with waterborne infections.

16. An 18-liter canister of water weighs 20 kilograms.

17. On average, 5-10 times more people die from diarrhea in Africa every year than from war.

18. A 2% decrease in water levels in the body can lead to a 20% decrease in mental and physical performance.

19. Dehydration can trigger labor pains in pregnant women.

20. The total volume of water on Earth is about 1, 500, 000, 000 cubic kilometers

21. Watermelon is 93% water.

22. A snake cannot bite in water.

23. According to scientists 1, 7% of water on Earth is in a frozen state, which makes it impossible to use it.

24. A sponge can hold more cold water than hot water.

25. Every hippo is born underwater