1. Draw - Drawing stimulates the right hemisphere of the brain, and encourages the development of creative skills. It doesn't matter if you paint badly - in the end, you will paint not for an exhibition in the Hermitage, but for yourself and your development.
2. Write - even if you are not the author, write, let your creativity find its way out. Keep a journal and try to express your thoughts in a literary style. As you write, you engage critical thinking and develop your analytical skills.
3. Exercise - Exercise has a beneficial effect on the entire body, including the brain. Therefore, we are not lazy, we get up in the morning and do exercises, go outside, walk in the park or forest, and breathe fresh air.
4. Brainwave stimulation - This is probably a new expression for most of you, it is stimulation of the brain with sound or images. Brainwave stimulation is a safe technology, but be extremely careful when choosing the manufacturer of these products.
5. Self-hypnosis is one of the most effective ways of instilling certain states and attitudes in oneself. Well, the practice of self-hypnosis itself, as research shows, reduces stress, increases the pain threshold and clarifies thinking.
6. Brainstorming - Brainstorming techniques stimulate creative thinking and generate new ideas. This is a great way to give your brain a creative boost and set it up to be productive.
7. Solving crossword puzzles is a great way to pass the time for the benefit of your mind. Solving crosswords and scanwords promotes the development of critical thinking and memory. If you do this regularly, you will notice the difference.
8. Play chess - perhaps the smartest game in the world. Playing chess, you develop logical thinking, memory, ability to concentrate, perseverance and many other skills.
9. Ask questions - when you ask questions, yourself or someone else, you force your brain to search hard for an answer, not just remember, but reflect, analyze and compare options. Begin, like children, to be interested in the world around you, this will certainly improve the work of your brain.
10. Think positively - positive thinking evokes positive emotions, which in turn contribute to the production of good hormones and improve thought processes, while negative thinking affects differently - it "clogs" thought processes, limiting the width of thinking.
11. Avoid stress - small doses of stress can have a "tonic" effect on our body, while its excess has a detrimental effect. During times of stress, the body produces a hormone called cortisol, which, in large quantities, kills brain cells.
12. Be mindful - try not to act automatically, and also do not let your emotions control your behavior. Be here and now, watch your emotions, thoughts and actions. Become the master of your body and mind.
13. Meditate - As you know, meditation increases IQ, helps reduce stress, and brain function. In addition, meditation activates the “prefrontal cortex” of the brain, the region responsible for thinking speed and productivity.
14. Visualize - your brain cannot distinguish between imagined situations and circumstances from real ones. Use this feature to expand your mental experience. Present yourself in different situations the way you would like to behave in them - this will lead to the formation of new connections in the brain and can, subsequently, change your behavior.
15. Deep Breathing - Deep breathing increases the oxygen level in the blood, contributing to better oxygenation of brain cells. Take the time to spend 10-15 minutes deep breathing a day, over time, you will probably start to notice a difference.
16. Laugh - no wonder they say "laughter is the best medicine." Laughter naturally releases brain endorphins, chemicals that dull pain and increase overall well-being. In addition, laughter reduces the effects of stress.
17. Arguing is one of the easiest ways to improve your brain function. During an argument, you express your point of view, forcing your brain to actively seek arguments and remember facts. Just don't bring your argument to the boiling point - know when to stop.
18. Make Change - Keep your brain fit by making changes to your environment. It is really a simple task - change the route from home to work, walk in different places, eat different foods, rearrange the house, and so on. Changes in the environment help create new connections between brain cells, which naturally improve brain capacity.
19. Set Goals - If you don't have clearly defined goals, you are more likely to allow yourself to be inactive, and inaction, if it becomes a habit, is a surefire way to reduce mental capacity. Start setting and achieving your goals, let your brain work, and it will start to work even better.
20. Listen to music - Research shows that listening to music improves right brain function and increases emotional intelligence. But not all music is good for your mental faculties; classical music should be preferred here.
21. Take a nap - healthy sleep is necessary for every person, but its absence can negatively affect his health. If you don't get enough sleep during the night, take one hour in the afternoon to take a nap. This will put your thoughts in order to some extent, and stabilize the wave activity of your brain.
22. Read books - how can you do without them. Books are a source of knowledge, so reading books on topics of interest to you increases your vocabulary and increases your overall literacy level. For the benefit of the mind, you can read not only scientific books, while reading ordinary novels you "get used" to the atmosphere of the book, thereby including the right hemisphere in your work.
23. Eat healthy food - healthy food is the key to health, take care of improving your diet - include more fruits, vegetables and greens. Try to eat less heavy food - in order to avoid unnecessary energy consumption for digestion.
24. Eat less - eating a lot of food leads to the outflow of blood to the digestive system, reducing the volume of blood going to the brain. You may have noticed the effect of "clouded" thinking after a heavy meal. It is better to eat more often, but in smaller portions.
25. Eat breakfast - I remember the wise saying “eat breakfast yourself, share lunch with a friend, and give dinner to the enemy”. A hearty breakfast can provide your body with energy for the whole day, and, naturally, most of this energy will go to the brain. Take the time to get up early and make yourself breakfast.
26. Drink fruit juices - it is better, of course, if you yourself will prepare them from fresh fruit. Fruit juices are rich in vitamins and nutrients that are important for body and brain health, so drinking them can improve your brain function.
27. Eat nuts - New research shows that eating nuts improves brain efficiency. Nuts are packed with brain-boosting nutrients, so if you want to keep your brain fit, include nuts, especially hazelnuts and walnuts, in your diet.
28. Take vitamins - our body needs vitamins to work in a balanced way. Lack of one or more of them can lead to disruption of the body's activity, a feeling of physical fatigue, and weakening of brain functions. You can avoid these problems by taking multivitamins - especially in winter - spring.
29. Fish Oil - Fish oil contains fatty acids important for building and maintaining brain cells. It has been observed that the intake of fish oil helps to increase the general activity of the brain for a while.
30. Get a Sexual Partner - Research shows that having a consistent sexual partner has a positive effect on brain function. But the most important role here is played by love, care and support from a loved one.
31. Keep learning - the more often you use your brain and solve all sorts of problems, the better your brain works. Lifelong learning will help you keep your brain fit.
32. Learn new languages - learning foreign languages helps to build new connections in the brain and develop the speech center of the brain. Take some time each day to devote to learning a new language.
Almost any area of human activity requires a bright head, good memory, speed of thinking and a high level of concentration. All of the above, if desired, can be developed and improved. Apply these tips on a regular basis, and you will soon begin to notice how much better your brain is doing. I wish you success!